Tuesday, July 21, 2015

July 20th, 2015

Dear Family,

Another week has come and gone. It has always amazed me how fast time goes by, but let me tell you, as a Zone Leader I have so much stuff to do in such little time that the time goes by even faster! It feels twice as fast! But nevertheless, this week was super good! We had changes this last week and ended up getting a few new missionaries in our zone, and so we are super excited to work with them. The Zone is growing so much and we are seeing such great miracles here.

This last week Elder Gonzalez and I were able to have such great visits. Even if we weren't able to have as many as we wanted, we know that what we did this week was what the Lord wanted us to do and that the people that we visited were touched and able to understand a little bit better their potential and the next steps they can take.

The way that we teach has really been centered on agency and the potential that we have as children of our Father in Heaven and I feel like as we have had this vision, we have been able to see so many more results. It gives me such happiness to allow other people to understand who they are and what they can become and then to see these people decide to take the steps necessary to becoming this person. I love teaching and love helping others understand this and watching them as they use their agency for good.

I love this gospel and have such a huge testimony of it. At the begining of my mission I had an interview with President Marler and he asked me to share my testimony with him, which I did, and what he said after has had such a huge part in my mission. He told me that if I was faithful and obedient that my testimony would be able to touch the hearts of God's children here in Peru. As the months have gone on I have been able to see this great blessing in my life, being able to help so many people come unto the gospel.

I love you all and hope you have amazing weeks!

Love,
Elder Thorpe




No comments:

Post a Comment