Tuesday, August 25, 2015

August 24th, 2015

Dear Family,

You are probably wondering why I am emailing so late but I have a good reason. You know how I said last week was the most crazy week of my mission? Well I was way wrong. This week was absolutely 100 times more crazier than last week! And to start off the email I will tell you why I am emailing so late. This week is change week and so in my zone we had a ton of changes and within all of the changes I had to close an area and open a new area in my zone, which means that today we helped move an entire room to a different side of town and being the zone leader, I had to go out and buy a bunch of stuff for this new area. I thought we might have made it back in time to email a little earlier, but we ended up buying a bunk bed and I was busy putting that together, so you could say that my day has been quite eventful.

My companion (Elder González) has finished his mission and so that means that I have a new companion! His name is Elder Nielson and is awesome! He was in our zone and we raised him to be a zone leader this change and so I am super excited to work with him! He is such a great guy and I can tell that we are going to have a lot of success! I loved Elder González and the time we had together, but I look forward to serving with Elder Nielson as well. Elder Gonazález's parents came to pick him up, and so it was good spending time with them. They are such great people and I was happy to meet them. 

This week has been so crazy! Elder González and I were running around everywhere trying to finalize wedding papers and baptismal interviews! It was amazing to be able to be apart of this vision that we have had as a zone and to be able to see it all the way to the end. I'm not sure if I will ever be able to describe the miracles that we saw this last week because they truly were incredible. All I know is that we should always trust in the Lord and everything will turn out the way that he wants it to. I feel blessed to be in this work and to serve with such great people. I love my Father in Heaven and I love my Savior. I know they live and love us and want the best for us!

I love you all and pray for you always! I hope you have amazing weeks!

Love,
Elder Thorpe




No comments:

Post a Comment