Monday, May 9, 2016

May 9th, 2016

Well once again happy late Mother's Day! This last week for me has been super good and like I say every week, it went by so fast! This whole last transfer has gone by super fast and I think it is because I've had such a great companion. Well, the big moment has finally come! I am in my very last transfer of the mission and the missionary that I will be with is Elder Rivera. He is a missionary that I have known for a long time and was actually over him as a zone leader about a year ago. I'm excited to be able to help him become a new zone leader. I was told that I have 6 weeks to prepare him so that he will be able to lead the zone here in Chimbote Sur and so I look forward to these 6 short weeks that I will have to train him.
Right now I am just feeling extremely blessed and grateful for all the things that my Father in Heaven has given me. He truly has molded me into a better person and I know without a doubt that I am a better person because of it. I'm grateful for my Family and for what they have done to be able to help me realize how I have become a better person. I know with all of my heart that the gospel brings about change in our lives and that it is through the savior Jesus Christ that we are able to become the people that our Father in Heaven wants us to be. I think I said this about a year ago, but change is the actual meaning of the gospel. If we couldn't change we would never be able to become like Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father. I know that it is this change that allows us to understand the will of God and understand the Atonement of Christ. Oh how grateful I am to be able to change. I'm not a perfect person and I know that the Lord will require even more changes after my mission and now for me the change will be something that isn't foreign to me but rather something that must happen in me to become more like the Savior and I know that it is the same for all of you as well.
I love the gospel so much. I love my mission. I wouldn't trade anything for these last 2 years that I have had here in Peru. Maybe it cost me a little bit to learn the language, love the food, and even understand all of the customs here, but I truly love my mission for what it has taught me and for what it has made me. Thank you for your support and for your love. I hope you all know that I am grateful for all of you and that I love you.
Love,
Elder Thorpe

Elder Thorpe and Elder Perkes



No comments:

Post a Comment