Monday, July 28, 2014

July 28th, 2014

Dear Family,

First of all sorry about all this confusion with the emails, the CCM has been really unpredictable while I've been here, so that is why you are getting an email today. It will normally be on Thursdays, but this week our P-day is on Tuesday because it's independence day today, and the CCM President is taking us to the oldest city in both the Americas here in Peru! It's about 3 hours away, so we won't have anytime to write tomorrow

Life couldn't be better for me here at the CCM. I am so blessed to be here serving my Savior. I am amazed every day how much I grow and learn. Everything seems to be falling right into place, and I couldn't be happier. 
Last P-day we were kind of lost in the middle of the city, because all of the advanced people left us, so my district and I had to use the best Spanish we knew to try to figure out where some of the stores were that we were supposed to go to, but luckily for us all the people here are so kind and understanding, so we found our way.

Saturday was a really cool experience because we got to go out and proselyte! Truly a humility check for me, because I realized how much I have back at home.  As I walked past houses that were made of 4 boards and that's it. Even though the people here have so little they are all so happy and so nice. While out proselyting, we contacted 8 different people and set up appointments for them to meet with the missionaries in the area. Everyone here is so receptive to listening to a message about Christ, which I think is way awesome!

Every day I grow so much, and I know that the Lord is helping me all the way. Even when my companion and I are role playing and giving lessons to our teacher words just come to me and it's like I've been speaking like this forever. That is a true testament of the Spirit and the gift of tongues, because I don't know if there is any other way to learn and apply Spanish this fast! I know I am blessed and I thank my Heavenly Father for it everyday!

I love you all and I pray for you! Always remember to keep the Spirit close and listen to the promptings that it gives you. I love this gospel and I know it's true!


Love, Elder Thorpe
P.S. There are so many dogs here! Oh and we literally just had a mini earthquake here!

No comments:

Post a Comment