Monday, December 7, 2015

December 7th, 2015

This week has gone by super fast. I'm not sure what was different about this week, only that it flew by. My companion and I had a little more success this last week and so that was good. We have been working on finding new people to teach since we are hardly teaching anyone and we had a little success with that. The weather here has been pretty insane. There is something that is called the kid phenomenon that comes to Peru every 10 years. It's pretty much a huge rain storm that never stops.. So every single day it has been raining a ton! There are a few other things about the phenomenon being natural disasters, but hopefuly those don't happen this time. We have been talking to a few people here and they say there will be a huge earthquake in Lima, like bigger than there ever has been before, but I'm not so sure about that. If it happens in Lima I'm not sure how it will effect Huaraz since we aren't too far away from Lima. 
Anyways, this week has been a week to reflect on the Atonement. I had 2 situations that both happened this week that have been probably the hardests situations that I have delt with here in Peru. I won't go into detail about them, but let me just say that if I didn't have the spirit leading me to say the things that these two individules needed at the time, I don't think they would have been able to understand the importance of the atonement and how it heals us. They are 2 different situations that I won't ever forget especially because of the power of the spirit that I felt as I and my companion were able to offer blessings of comfort. 
For p-day we went up to a glacier called pastor ruri. It was a neat experience to go up there with the whole zone. 
Well, I love you all and hope you have a great week!
Love,
Elder Thorpe



No comments:

Post a Comment