Monday, June 6, 2016

June 6th, 2016

As the days continue to go on I realize how much the Lord still allows me to see such great miracles in my life as well as in the lives of others. It is amazing to see what the Lord is able to do when you allow him to guide his work instead of trying to lead the work on your own. Something that I have learned on my mission comes from a talk that I cherish which is "When you lose, you both win" When I am able to lose and forget about myself, me and the Lord end up winning, but when I try to win and fight for my desires and fight for what I want and it isn't exactly what the Lord has prepared for me or what he wants, then we both end up losing. This principle isn't just for missionaries. In fact Jesus said it the best. 
Matthew 16:24-25  
24 ¶Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
 25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
I know without a doubt that this is true. I know that the Lord desires our hearts because that is what he doesn't have. He wants them through our missions, through our callings, through everything and not just in doing his work. It is a principle that makes us become more like Christ because that is what he wants for us. I know without a doubt that as we focus on applying what the savior has taught us then we are able to become more like him.
I love the gospel so much and I love my mission. like I have been saying for a couple weeks now, I am sad for my mission to end but I know that I have served and done what my Father has asked me to do. 
I love you all and hope that you have a wonderful week!
Thanks for all of the birthday wishes!
Love,
Elder Thorpe



No comments:

Post a Comment