Monday, November 17, 2014

November 17th, 2014

Dear Family,
This week has been so great! Not a whole lot of different things going on, but this week just has been so great! Elder Diaz and I had more lessons than we have ever had! We normally average around 26 a week, but this week we had 35! We taught a lot of new investigators, which was good because we have been looking for new investigators to teach. I am pretty sure that I have lesson one down, because I think we taught it a good 20 times this week, but the thing is, every time we taught it, it was different! Yes the principles are the same, but as we teach, we teach to the needs of the people and not the needs of the lesson. Each lesson we teach is unique in its own way and I feel like this is the best way that the people can feel the spirit!
Along with this great week, I have hit 4 months living in Peru! This is so crazy to me, because I don't think I have spent more than 2 weeks away from living at home! I have enjoyed every moment that I have had in Peru, and will continue to enjoy every moment I have here! Also, this week is transfers! My companion and I are staying together for this transfer, so we are both extremely happy for that!

This last transfer I have really been trying to study in the Book of Mormon and understand it a little better. This has been a little difficult because I am reading it in Spanish, so I understand almost all of it, but not all of it. I am half way through Alma, and I hope to finish by Christmas!
I don't have much more to write, but I love you all and pray for you every night!
Love,
Elder Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment