Monday, November 3, 2014

November 3rd, 2014

Dear family,
This week has been pretty good for me! Well actually I should share with you some news.. I have some good news and some bad news and so I think I will share the bad news first so we can end on a good note!
The bad news is, I have had a wicked cough for about a month now and we didn't know what was going on because I kept taking all of the medicine for coughs and nothing was helping, and so we went to the clinic and it turns out that I have bronchitis. 
The good news is, they thought that I might have had Tuberculiosus but after some tests they did it turns out that I don't, so that was good! I think I am getting better with all of this medicine that I am talking, but honestly I don't feel sick or anything like that, just every once in a while I get this cough that I can't stop for about a half and hour.. I am sure I will be completely fine by next week!
More news is that I'm pretty positive that I am growing, becuase I have growing pains, and I haven't had these pains for years now. My district thinks that I am growing too, so we will have to measure myself. Not sure if this was good news or bad news.. haha
Other than this news, this week has been so great! Elder Diaz and I taught a bunch of lessons and had a really good turn-out to sacrament meeting. We had 11 less actives and 6 investigators attend! We were super excited for all the people that came! Some more news is that we are for sure having a baptism this week for Hermano Dario! He has been with us for about a month now and his desires and actions have resulted in this week being baptized. 
The people here are still so loving and caring! The food here is so great, although I do miss American food. Sometimes rice gets old, but every once in a while we are surprized with having a plate that doesn't have rice on it! 
It is getting super hot here and a couple days ago I got sunburnt, and so I think I am going to have to start wearing sunscreen! Well I don't have much more to say! The mission is great, the spanish is coming along, and I love you all so much!
Love,
Elder Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment