Monday, November 24, 2014

November 24th, 2014

Dear Family,

Well This week as you all know is Thanksgiving and since I won't be able to celebrate down here in Peru I want all of you to know how thankful I am for you and for the affect that you all have had on my life! You all have helped to make me the person that I am today, and so thank you for that!

This past week has been so great! My companion and I have been focusing more on Christ, and our plan is to not go through a lesson without focusing on Christ, because it is through him that any of this is possible. It is through him that this great work is able to happen, and so everything that we do in our lives should be focused on Christ. I love this gospel so much and am always in awe of the infinite Atonement! 

This week we taught a couple of families that were struggling with a few things in their lives.  We taught about how incredible the healing power of the Atonement is. As my companion and I testified to them of the truthfulness of this incredible act, I saw the love that our Savior has for everyone as their eyes filled with tears. I don't believe that any of us will ever be able to understand the atonement perfectly, nor the power that it has to make us whole, but what I do know is that our Savior loves us perfectly and infinitely and that it is only through him that we can became better and more like our Father in Heaven.

I hope that you all have an amazing week and an amazing Thanksgiving this week! Once again I want you all to know how grateful I am for you and the affect that you have had on my life! I love you all and God be with you till we write again!

Love,
Elder Thorpe
 Christmas fireside in the Chimbote, Peru Stake

No comments:

Post a Comment