Monday, December 8, 2014

December 8th, 2014

Dear Family,
So this week has been really interesting. Last P-day my companion and I got a call from the assistants and they told us that we were no longer going to be together this change because a new missionary was coming in for some reason, and so my P-day consisted of packing my things and practicing the song that Elder Diaz and I are singing for the Christmas show. So what ended up happening is my old companion is now training a new missionary and I am now in a new area called Chao with 2 other gringos! Crazy right! My mission has been pretty crazy to start out if you were to ask me! I haven't had a clean change yet, but like it says in 3 nephi 7, I will go and do what the Lord wants me to do. I know that he needs me in this area at this time and I am so happy to be here! My new companions are Elder Farnsworth (from my group) and Elder Meaker who has less than a year in the mission. 

I can't tell you enough how much I just love Chao! I love the people and the place so much! Chao is a lot different than Chimbote. Chimbote was extremely rich and where I am at is one of the most poor places in the mission. All the people here are so humble and so loving. I have had a few lessons already that the spirit has been incredibly strong and I knew that these people have been prepared by God to hear his gospel at this time. Our pensionista is so amazing. She is the wife of our branch president and she is so loving and always wants to come out with us to serve. Plus our branch president only has 2 years in the church and he is so awesome! There are 5 elders in Chao, and one of them also happens to be one of my good buddies from the CCM, Elder Craft. He is from PG and has became one of my good friends. 

Sunday I had the opportunity to help with a baby blessing, which was incredible. President Eyring gave a talk in the Christmas devotional, which we only saw a little of it, but he talked about  his great grandchild being born. I can tell you that I felt, just as he did, the light of Christ in this infant. The spirit was so strong and I could feel Christ's love as 5 of us men holding the priesthood of God blessed this infant.

Well that was pretty much my week! I love all of you and am excited to see what's next down here in Chao!

Chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment