Monday, December 1, 2014

December 1st, 2014

Dear Family,
Well I can't believe it! We have hit December. It is crazy how fast time flies, and I know that I say that all the time, but it truly does go by so fast! This past week was so great! We have been working with the members a lot for the past while, and this week we had more success with the members than we have ever had! It is crazy how big of a difference the lessons are when we have a member with us. I feel like it is a lot easier for the people to accept the gospel when they have someone that can always be by their side, like President Gordon B. Hinckley says. Every investigator in this church needs an amigo! 
This last week we had a training for leaders which was really good! I learned so much and have started applying some of the stuff that I learned in my life as a missionary. After our training we went to Pizza Hut which was pretty good, but nothing like the states. Today for P-day we are going to a pizza buffet and so I will have to see how good Peruvian Pizza is! 
This last week we had a lesson with a less active that has been progressing really well, and his daughter is preparing for baptism! Our lesson was on the Priesthood and the blessings of the priesthood. The spirit was so strong as we taught and bore testimony of this amazing gift that God gives to us. I am so grateful that I hold the Priesthood of God and that I have the authority to act in his name!
I love you all so much and hope that you have fantastic weeks!
Love,
Elder Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment