Monday, February 23, 2015

February 23rd, 2015

Dear Family,

This last week here in Chao has been really great. Elder Campos and I have been working extremely hard in finding new investigators and the fruits of of work have shown. This week we were able to encounter 10 new investigators and received a few more names that we can go tract down this next week. We have been praying for more opportunities to encounter new investigators to teach and I feel like we have been blessed in being able to find many people that we will be able to help come unto Christ. 

This last week Elder Campos and I were working really hard on being able to teach with more unity and as one. We have talked about having one vision so that our investigators can truly understand our message and what our Father in Heaven wants them to know. The first of the week was a little rocky because we are adjusting to the way each of us teach and Elder Campos is still working on the key points of the lessons, but we are really trying to focus on the spirit and be guided by the spirit so that we can share what Heavenly Father wants us to share. Towards the end of the week it got a lot better and I feel like we were more unified as a companionship.

I am learning a lot of patience right now because I can't just expect my companion to know everything and the direction we should go in teaching or anything like that. We have really grown as a companionship though and I feel like in the next coming weeks we will be able to teach really unified and how our Father in Heaven wants us to teach. The Godhead is our perfect example of unity. The Father, The Son, and The Holy Ghost all testify of each other and are one in purpose and mind. They work with one vision and that is why the gospel is perfect and why the plan of salvation works. I truly know that the Plan of Salvation is perfect and that it is through it that we are able to return to our Father in Heaven.

This last Sunday we had a Family Home Evening with a family in the branch and Elder Campos and I were able to teach about the love of our Father in Heaven. I couldn't help but tear up a little as I testified of the great Plan of Salvation and the love that Heavenly Father has for all of his children. I truly felt in that moment the love that my Father in Heaven has for me. It is real and it is infinite. 
I love this gospel so much and I am so happy I have to chance to proclaim this great gospel and the love of our Father in Heaven.

I love you all so much and I want you to know, just as I know, how much our Father in Heaven loves each and everyone of you.

Love,
Elder Thorpe



No comments:

Post a Comment