Monday, May 11, 2015

May 11th, 2015

Dear Family,

This first week here in Esperanza has been such a great week. When I first got here, planning was a little difficult because there weren't a ton of names to put down in the agenda, and I felt bad because I didn't know just about anyone in the area. We made a goal as a companionship to search for new investigators to visit. The last few days we have been focusing on asking everyone for referrals and for people that are ready to accept the gospel. I have no doubt that new areas and new companionships bring miracles becuase within the last 4 days, Elder Salinas and I were able to receive 26 referrals and 19 of the being from members. We were also able to contact 15 of them and have set up appointments to visit them. We have set some pretty strong goals in the last few days to be able to help this area out. Also we look forward to bringing investigators to the temple and in helping them understand the true reason why we are here on the earth.

As a district we have set a few goals to focus on our planning sessions, lessons with members, and baptismal invitations on the first visit. I look forward in working hard with the Elders here in this part of the vineyard and in helping the Lord in his great work. 

When I first came here to this zone and district I was really nervous and didn't know what to expect. I feel like the nerves have gone and that all I can do is serve with all of my heart. I know that if I do that and search for my Saviors hand in my life, I will be blessed and will be able to do all that my Father in Heaven needs me to do. I know that through revelation and diligence I will be able to understand my reasons for being here and will be able to do all that is asked of me.

Love,
Elder Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment