Monday, June 15, 2015

June 15th, 2015

Dear Family,

On Sunday Morning I got a call from my mission President and he told me that I would be getting changed from being a district leader.. He then went on and asked if I would accept the assignment as a new Zone Leader! I told him I would love to, and so I went to a training and was notified of my new Zone, which happens to be in Trujillo in Laureles. I will also being serving in the Peru Trujillo south mission with President Rios as my new mission President! I am super excited to be serving in the Trujillo south mission! Although I loved President Marler as a Mission President, I look forward to serving with President Rios! I will be leaving my area tomorrow to start the work in the new zone that I have been assigned!
For P-day last week we went to a restaurant and ate octopus, squid, fish, and crab, which was pretty good, and then on Wednesday we had cake for my Birthday, so that was really good!
This last week that I have had here in Esperanza has been amazing. I love this area so much. There are so many blessings that I am able to see here in my area as well as in all of the zone. It sure is a chosen place and I know that Heavenly Father has placed his children here so that they may encounter the gospel. I have loved my time being here, but I know that the Lord has a new purpose for me in the mission and that I am to go to Laureles and serve the people there. I look forward to the time that I will be able to serve there! 
I loved my time as a district leader. I loved getting to know each of the missionaries in my district and in offering a helping hand to them when needed, and now I look forward to doing the same with such a great Zone. I already feel a love for all the people in my new area and for all of the missionaries in my new zone. 
I love all of you and am so grateful for your support and love! The Gospel is true, Jesus is the Christ, and the Father lives!

Love,
Elder Thorpe





No comments:

Post a Comment