Saturday, June 27, 2015

june 22, 2015

Dear Family,

This last week has been super busy! I never new how much there was to do as a Zone Leader until this last week. My first week here in Moche  has been such a great one. Something that I learned really fast is how to love the missionaries in my zone. This last district meeting that we had made me super excited to work with such great missionaries. I love them all so much and I see such great potential in each one of them. We were also able to do a little training for our district leaders, which 2 of them are brand new, and so that was a great way to start off the change so that we all have the same vision and are able to lead the zone in the same direction. We were also able to do a couple of baptismal interviews for a couple of areas, so that was great. I was able to meet some really awesome people that are ready for this next step in their lives and have decided to take it in such a great time. I am really excited for this next change and in working with everyone in the zone.

We didn't teach a ton of people this week, due to being super busy, but we were able to have a few really great lessons with a few investigators that are so prepared in this time of their lives. I look forward in helping them progress on their journey to the Tree of Life.

The Temple dedication was absolutely fantastic. The spirit was so immensely strong as we accepted the temple of Trujillo into our lives and dedicated it to the Lord. It is an experience that I will never forget. President Uchtdorf was so inspired in his messages that he shared with us, and I know that there are so many people that are ready to receive the gospel into their lives. President Uchtdorf and Elder Bednar came, which was so great! I learned so much from the dedication!  It was a day that we have been waiting for forever! I loved the dedication so much! Something that stood out to me is that Elder Bednar talked about Family history work and how we need to do ours. He said if we aren't doing our family history work, then we won't be able to receive exaltation, which I thought that was way cool that he said that. It was a testimony to me of how important it is and how I want to put more of an effort in doing Family History work. 
We didn't do much with the Temple dedication. We went to the cultural event on Saturday  night, in a chapel and then to the dedication, as well in the chapel, for all three sessions! I learned so much from President Uchtdorf and Elder Bednar! I wrote a little bit about that in my big email and I am sure I will write more to you in a letter. I also said hi to President Uchtdorf... We were doing random zone stuff (bringing a mattress to a missionary's room) and so we were standing on a dirt road waiting for a taxi and all of the sudden I saw our mission President's car, which I thought it was him, but it was some random guy driving President Uchtdorf, Elder Bednar, and their wives around to see some historical sights. So that was really cool! haha
This last week was so good! I learned so much being a new zone leader! For the Temple dedication we didn't do too much, but that was alright! It was so great! I can't believe how fast the time goes by! It amazes me every week! I mean, I am about to hit a year! That is so crazy!
I love my new zone and area so much! I have a new companion named Elder Gonzalez and he is from Washington! We have so much fun together and this next change looks like it is going to be amazing! We have a huge room and are able to make breakfast, and all meals on Sundays which is so great. You all might be suprised by this, but we cook everything with a water boiler and that is it! Last night we made spaghetti! 

This was such a great week for me! Really busy, but full of the spirit.

I love you all so much and hope you have an amazing week!
Love,
Elder Thorpe







No comments:

Post a Comment