Monday, October 12, 2015

October 12th, 2015

As I was studying in the scriptures this morning there was one scripture that came to my mind, which led to more scriptures that came to my mind, all having the same meaning and message and that message is, I am called of God to be a disciple and representative of the Lord Jesus Christ in everything I do. I am a light to the people here and I am to share the everlasting gospel to my brothers and sisters that are here in Peru, waiting to hear my voice and the message that I bring. At times I feel overwhelmed and inadequate of my calling, but then I remember my commision, 

I am called of God.
My authority is above that of kings of the earth.
By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ.
He is my master and He has chosen me to represent Him--to stand in His place, to say and do what He Himself would say and do if He personally were ministering to the very people to whom He has sent me.
My voice is His voice, and my acts are His acts; my doctrine is His doctrine.
My Commission is to do what He wants done; To say what He wants said; to be a living modern witness in word and in deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous Latter-day work.
How great is my calling!

I know that this commision is true and that I am here to represent my Savior and to do what he would have me do. I love my calling to be a missionary and to share the everlasting gospel to my brothers and sisters. I know that I am on the Lord's errand and doing what he would have me do. 

I often think about who I represent, not only the Savior, but all of you. I think of how you would want to see me as a missionary and what you would want me to do, and as I think of this I am strengthened to be the best missionary that I can be. I know that I am not perfect and that I have a lot I need to learn still, but I also know that the Lord strengthens me and lifts me to places that I can't reach by myself.

This last week was a pretty good week. I have been thinking so much about my zone this last week and what we can accomplish as a stake. We have had a lot of meetings this last week with the stake, President Rios, as well as with the zone, and I think because of all these meetings I have been thinking a lot about my zone. We had our monthly meeting with the stake President and Mission President which went really well. There is so much growth here in Laureles and I feel honored to have a part in seeing that growth. We also had our monthly leadership training. It was long, but inspired. I am excited to share the same spirit that I was able to feel at the leadership council. I love giving trainings because I love helping missionaries! I look forward to sharing this training with our zone this Wednesday!

This week has been pretty crazy when it comes to food. Elder Nielsen and I are offered so much food it is insane. For example, this last week we ate 6 days straight free hamburgers, and they aren't bad Peruvian hamburgers, they were actually pretty good. I love the members here in Moche and how much they want to help the missionaries, even if it is just giving them a bite to eat. 

I love the gospel and I love my calling. As I said at the beginning of this email, I will be an example of those that believe by being a representative of the Lord Jesus Christ in all way, shape, or form. 

I love you all and pray for you always! I hope you have an amazing week!

Love,
Elder Thorpe


No comments:

Post a Comment