Monday, October 26, 2015

October 26th, 2015

There are two things that I have been thinking about this week that I wanted to share with you all and they both come from the great plan that our Father in Heaven has for us. While in the Grand council in Heaven, Our Father presented us with his plan and told us, "Here is my plan and in my plan there are 2 conditions which are these. I'm not going to obligate you to do anything. I will allow you to make your own decisions and to grow. The other is that you all need to return to my presence but no impure thing can enter into my kingdom." So then arose a problem and in that council, 1 hand raised up and said, 'Father, send me. I will suffer for all of my Brothers and Sisters that they may return to thee' and the Father than said, "I will send my children down to earth that they may learn and grow so that one day they may become like me, and through my Only Begotten Son they may repent and return to my presence. 

I can't even begin to describe how grateful I am for these conditions and even more grateful for a father that sent his son that the power of repentance could come to be. The plan that our Father presented to us is an act of a Fathers love for his children. At times questions arise and hearts harden asking the questions that are contrary to the plan that we know, but I stand with all the energy of my heart saying that this Plan is perfect. That God loves us and becuase he loves us he presented us with this plan. I have witnessed the power of this plan and the power of repentance that was given to us through our savior Jesus Christ.

This last week has been really good. We did a few interchanges with a few people in our zone as well as the assitants. Both of the interchanges went really well and I learned a lot in each of them. We continue to have a lot of success as a zone and I know it is for the efforts of the missionaries. I feel blessed to be a leader of such great missionaries. They help me become a better missionary and so I am grateful for them. My companion and I are teaching a family that is really close to getting baptized. They are such great people and we hope that everything works out for them. They understand that baptism isn't the goal, but rather is the temple.

I love you all so much. You all are always in my prayers. I hope you have a great week!

Love,
Elder Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment