Monday, October 5, 2015

October 5th, 2015

This last week was incredible. Can I just say that I love general conference. I feel so spiritually nourished and uplifted. The spirit of this conference was absolutely immense. I hope all of you were able to feel it. While watching conference there were a couple of themes that really stood out to me. The first was Eternal Progression. We are on a path of discipleship and we must continually remember the covenants we have made and the people who we are. The Journey of discipleship is one of continual improvement. It might not be perfect, but in the end the destination is Life Eternal. The Second thing that stood out to me was the importance of the Holy Ghost. As promptings come to us, we must act and choose to stand for what is right. As we so do, the Lord will guide and bless us. The Last thing that stood out to me is the testimony of Living prophets and apostles. I have witnessed such powerful testimony of our Prophet Thomas S. Monson as he struggled in this last conference. I truly know that he is called of God to do his work here upon the Earth. I love him and sustain him as the Living Prophet along with the 3 new apostles that have been called. 
I love the Gospel and I love my calling. I will, as the Prophet declared, stand as an example of all of you, being the believers of him who has suffered for all of us that we may return to our Heavenly home. 

Love,
Elder Thorpe

P.S. Elder Nielsen and I are staying together! We also made hamburgers last night and had a great change night party! 





No comments:

Post a Comment