Monday, May 23, 2016

May 23rd, 2016

Well we are pretty much here in the last week of May! Wow May sure went by super fast, and even though it is hard to say... this is my last month here in the mission. This last week I have been reflecting back on a lot of things that have happened here in my mission and it has been such a blessing to see all that has happened and the person that I have become! These last few weeks I have been reading in the Book of Mormon one last time in English here on my mission. Right now I am just about in Alma and something that I have been paying a lot of attention to is the changes that happen to all the people in the Book of Mormon and what I have realized is that I as well have been able to witness this same change in my own life. I love how much we are able to relate to the Book of Mormon. It truly is the word of God and it truly can guide us and give the answers that we need to our prayers. I have such a strong testimony of it and I know without a doubt that it is true.
This last week was super good. My companion and I keep teaching a lot of lessons and we keep having a lot of success. Something that we are trying to work on is having shorter lessons because we literally teach and teach and we have no time to walk around to find new investigators to teach because we are always in houses! It's not something that I am complaining about but rather something that my companion and I see as a blessing here in our area. Anyways we are working on having 20 to 30 minute lessons instead of 45 minute lessons so that we can find more investigators to teach. 
I can tell you all enough how much I love this work and my mission. At times I wonder why Heavenly Father sent me here to this mission and I wonder why things are so different in other missions around the world, but what I have come to know is that every missionary is called to serve in the place that God needs them to serve in and that he has prepared people for every missionary to meet. Maybe all the people that I talk to won't get baptized, but I have come to know that with every person I talk to, there is a purpose and I as a representative of Jesus Christ must stand as a witness of him and testify of him to all kindred tongue and people.
I love the gospel, love my commission and love my mission.
I love you all and I hope you have a wonderful week! 
Love,
Elder Thorpe

P.S. I will be emailing on Tuesday next week because I'm going to the Temple for Pday!

No comments:

Post a Comment