Monday, September 1, 2014

Sept. 1, 2014

Dear Mom and Dad,
Well I have been here out in the field for a whole week! Let me tell you it has been so crazy. I am in a place called Chimbote, which is the fish capital of Peru, and so it's hard to believe it but I sort of like fish now. My companion is Elder Porter and he is from Provo Utah. He is a really good guy. The first day here we did a lot of training and had a couple classes. Elder Porter and I had to stay the night in Trujillo because Chimbote is 3 hours away from Trujillo. So we got here on Wednesday and met a lot of ward members. We didn't do a whole lot of teaching on Wednesday, but we picked it up on Thursday.
Thursday we taught a couple less active members and and investigator named Soledad. I'm hoping that she is really feeling the spirit and progressing a lot. We have been teaching a lot of different people, mostly less actives, because that has really been our focus. Also we work a lot with the ward members here which is so great!
Other than that, that is pretty much how my week has gone. I love you all and I hope you all have amazing week!
Love, Elder Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment