Monday, September 22, 2014

September 22nd, 2014

Dear Family,
This week has been really good! Even though our numbers might have been down, due to the lack of people being home, this week still wasn't too bad. My Spanish has really picked up, and the ability to understand the people here has become a lot better. I feel so blessed every time I come out of a lesson and I could understand everything that we talked about. Everything seems to be coming a lot easier for me and as I have been learning so much from the scriptures and my companion, I feel that my relationship with my father in heaven and the spirit has strengthened tremendously.
On Sunday I was able to give a talk in church, which as a missionary you really don't have time to prepare a talk for church, so what I did was I wrote down 4 different scriptures on a topic I felt was needed to be discussed, and shared my thoughts about them. I thought that I would only be able to talk for 5 minutes because I didn't know that many words, but to my amazement, and knowing the type of speaker I am, I ended up speaking for 20 minutes! As you can imagine our meeting went a little long because of this, but that is ok, because I think the reason I was able to speak for this long is because the Lord needed this to be heard by the people here.
Well once again we have a false alarm for Frank. He endeed up having to travel to Trujillo for a couple of weeks and so his new baptisimal date is for the second Saturday in October.
Other than this, my week has consisted of walking and not a whole lot of success. Elder Porter and I probably walked for a good 30 miles this week. We taught few lessons, so this next week I'm really hoping for more success and less walking!
Well that's pretty much all for this week, but before I leave, I have a funny thing about what the people here call me. The people here either call me, Elder Thor, or Thor of Asgard, because they think I'm like him and mostly because of the last name Thorpe.
Well, I love you all and I look forward to writing next week!
Love, Elder Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment