Tuesday, September 30, 2014

September 29th, 2014

Dear Family,

Well to start off this letter, I think I want to just tell all of you how much I appreciate you and love you! You truly are amazing and don't let anyone tell you differently!

Anyways, My week has been pretty good. Elder Porter has been pretty sick and so we have been staying in for him to rest a little. We had a bunch of lessons with this one investigator named Carlos. He really wants to get baptized, but he has problems with the Palabra de SabidurĂ­a.. (word of wisdom) but we set a goal with him to really pray hard and ask our father in heaven for strength to quit drinking, and to have a date in mind to live this commandment. We also taught a couple new investigators, which one of them was kind of crazy. He was preaching to us (he is catholic) and he said the missionaries gave him a folleto of the restoration of the gospel, and so he said he read it and did just as Joseph Smith did and prayed to God to know which church was true... He said God came to him in a dream and told him the Catholic church was the true church.. ha interesting guy.. Our food is still amazing, and so are the people!

Well enough about all of that.. I have some pretty crazy news.. 
So my companion got called up to Trujillo for some reason and so I was supposed to be spending my week in a trio. Well the zone leaders talked with me and told me that I would be in my area with a companion that isn't in the mission. In fact, he is leaving for a mission in about a week. Basically what this means is that I have gone from being the one who was in training, to senior companion and partial trainer.. I'm pretty sure my training is getting cut 7 weeks early, but it's ok because if this is what my father in heaven wants, then that is what will happen! 

Also, this week I don't get to watch general conference. There are elections here in Peru on the 5th and so we get to watch general conference in 2 weeks.. Well I am a little nervous about this week, but I am also super excited!

I love you all and I hope you all have fantastic weeks this week! 

Love, Elder Thorpe

P.S. I now have 2 nicknames.. Elder Thor or superman
Training with the mission president


 Zone Chimbote Buenos Aires
Sis. and Pres. Marler , Elder Juan Uceda (area seventy) and his wife

No comments:

Post a Comment