Monday, October 20, 2014

October 20th, 2014

Dear family,

This week has been so good! Elder Diaz and I have been working extremely hard and our work, well not our work, but the Lord's work has really shown! This week we visited a lot of less active families which was really good. One family that we visited was one that we have been visiting for a long time. They have received all of the lessons and are reactivating! We taught them about temples on Sunday and eternal families. It made me think of how blessed I am to know the truthfulness of the temple and the blessings that we can receive. It also made me think of how much I want to go to the temple and be sealed and have an eternal family. 

This week we also visited with a couple new investigators which, in the first visit it is really important that the investigators know our purpose and that we are here to invite others to follow the example of Christ and be baptized. So every new investigator we invite to be baptized. These 2 new ones this week look really promising, and I feel like they are prepared to hear the message that we have. They both accepted to follow Jesus Christ and be baptized and so we have been working with both of them in understanding and gaining a testimony of the gospel, but most importantly becoming converted.

Well that was pretty much my week. The mornings of P-day are really fun because we play basketball at 5:30! The Latinos always want to face us North American's and so me and two other elders always mess around with the Latinos. It is pretty fun! One last thought before I go... I am convienced and positive that if Elder Diaz and I were to join the olympics fast walking event we would win every time!

Love, 
Elder Thorpe

Oh I forgot to say that my companion and I tried out for the Christmas show down here for our mission and so we will be singing The First Noel together.  I am super excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment