Monday, October 27, 2014

October 27th, 2014

Dear Family,
Wow this week went by extremely fast! I can't believe that we are in the last week of October! This change has gone by so fast for me which honestly isn't a good sign! It is crazy how fast my days go by as I have appointments and stuff to do every half hour!
This week for me was so great! It wasn't a normal week for me, because on Thursday I got on a plane to go back to Lima. I had to go to Lima because I needed to do some more paperwork for my Visa so that I can be Legal.. I think that I will be going back again in a few weeks to pick up my actual Peruvian ID! In Lima I stayed in a hotel room, which was extremely weird because I didn't have a companion with me. The other elders and I had Papa John's for dinner and ate at the distribution center for lunch the next day.
That was all fun, but the main reason why I loved being in Lima is because I was able to go through the temple! The session that I went through was extremely spiritual for me and I received so many answers! The temple truly is such a great blessing for me in my life! I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to go to Lima and do a session in the temple!
This week Elder Diaz and I have been working really hard with a couple investigators that are extremely close to entering the gate of baptism. We are super excited for them and are trying to do our best in assisiting them in their desires to follow Christ! Along with them, Elder Diaz and I have been working with some less actives! We have been trying to set goals with them as to when they would like to enter into the temple as a family! Temples have honestly been our focus as we teach less active families, and is our focus in general, because that is where our Father in Heaven wants all of his children to return to! 
I am so grateful for the temple in my life and the blessings from the temple. I look forward to the day that I will be able to make more covenants with my Father in Heaven, and with my future wife, to have an eternal family!
I love you all and I pray for all of you!
Love, 
Elder Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment