Monday, April 27, 2015

April 27th, 2015

My Dear Family,

This week has been really good for Elder Campos and I. We have found a lot of success in teaching less actives and conversos recientes this last week. We always tend to compare our indicadores claves with the indicadores claves claves, and this week Elder Campos and I were able to see the fruits of the work that has been done here in Chao. The attendance once again grew to the mid 80's which was really great for our Branch. We are also really excited for an investigator that we have and for her progression in the gospel. She has a baptismal date for this Saturday, so hopefully all goes well with that.

This last week we had interviews with President Marler, which were great. I really enjoyed spending time with him and learning in the scriptures. As I talked with him, I realized how much I have changed in the last 10 months. It was really good talking with him.

Sorry this letter is so short. Hopefully I will have more to say next week. 
I love you all and am so thankful for your love and prayers!
Love,
Elder Thorpe

I guess I did have more to say as I have been sitting here.
This last week during our interviews with President Marler, Sister Marler gave us a challenge to read the BOM really fast and to mark all of the times it refers to the Godhead. We received the challenge about 3 days ago and I am just about half way through 2 Nephi! Oh how I love the Book of Mormon. I am amazed at how much red is on the white pages and how centered the book is on Christ!
Also it was our turn to give talks in sacrament meeting, which was really good! My companion talked about coming unto Christ while I talked about magnifying your calling! I loved learning about that this last week! In fact, I shared a scripture from D&C 107:99-100 that I love and have memorized now! It gives me even more of a reason to magnify my missionary calling!

Well, once again, I love you and hope you all have fantastic weeks!

Love,
Elder Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment