Monday, April 6, 2015

April 6th, 2015

This week has been so incredible. Not only was it General Conference, but I have been able to see miracles in this area this past week. I thought I would share two of these with you that I felt have strengthened my testimony tremendously. At the beginning of the week, Elder Campos and I were fasting to know the children of God that were ready to accept the gospel in their lives. We fasted to encounter these people. The next day we had an appointment with one of our investigators. I knew that she was at home and so we knocked one time. She didn't come to the door, so I thought maybe we should knock louder, but right before I knocked I got the impression that we should go to the house of our recent convert so that we could obtain information for his baptismal record. I knew that he didn't know this information but we went anyways. As we were talking with him and his wife a man came and interupted our conversation. He had just came home from work and was on his way to rest from the day. He came to us and told us that he had a thought come to his mind that he needed to come to us and speak with us in which we were able to express our purpose to him. He then told us that he had been searching for the truth all of his life and that he couldn't find it, but at that moment he knew that he had come upon what he felt was the truth. We later had our first discussion with him, in which he expressed to us why he had come to us and that he wanted to become a member of our church. My testimony of fasting grew. I know that our Father in Heaven answers our prayers as we are obedient unto him and are living according to the gospel. 

One other experience that we had this week was with one of our investigators that will be baptized this next week. We had finished conference, in which he had come to 3 of the 5 sessions, and so we were explaining and talking about that. He then asked us to explain the Plan of Salvation another time so we did as he asked and then he felt impressed to share with us a dream that he had. He told us that he was in a garden, walking with a man. This man told him that he was going to meet Jesus Christ and so they continued walking. He then looked off to the side and saw many different people playing, singing, dancing, and even drinking. He then told us that he came to a gate in which the man told him that Jesus lived in the Temple that was up on the hill. The man told him he couldn't enter though and our investigator wondered why? He then looked inside and saw that all of the people in this place had a special mark upon them and that he had to have this mark on him to enter the gate. The spirit in the room was undeniable and as I listened a voice came to me and said "King Benjamin" I then realized that King Benjamin had explained what this mark was in his address to his people. We then opened up the scriptures to Mosiah 5 and shared that this mark that he needed was Christ. His Name. The spirit was so strong as we were able to testify of the baptismal convenant and how we receive this mark as we promise to take upon us the name of Christ. His daughter then was able to testify to him of the gospel and expressed her love for him. He then testified to us that he knew the truth and that he could feel the love and spirit of God. 
My testimony this week has grown so much and my love for our Savior. I love this gospel so much.
This week was really good and I feel the Lord continues to prepare his children here in Chao every single day.

Of Course it was conference which I loved! We had a few troubles here in Chao since the internet is so slow in Peru, but that was ok because I have already downloaded all of the talks and have started to listen to them over again. I love this gospel so much! I don't think I can say it enough! It is so true and I want everyone to know about it!

I love you all so much and hope you have an amazing week!

Love Elder Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment