Monday, March 30, 2015

March 30th, 2015

Dear Family,

Words can't describe the love that I have for the people here in Chao. I feel like every week I grow closer to them and and I enjoy working along side each and everyone of them. This last week serving has been so great, just as every week is. This last week Elder Campos and I worked really hard in teaching a lot of the new investigators that we had obtained the last few weeks. I think the last change we had 40 or so new investigators, and so we made it a goal to truly find the ones that our Father in Heaven has prepared for us to teach. There are many people in the world and I know that everyone needs to have the chance to accept the gospel in their lives, but they must be prepared to accept it. If they aren't, they will have a really hard time listening to the missionaries and accepting Jesus Christ and his Gospel in their lives. I think that is something that I have learned these last 9 months or so. I want to teach and find and help, but I have to do it as Heavenly Father would have me do it. 

That is something that I have wanted to focus on my entire mission, is really doing the will of the Father, and I know that I am only able to do that as I am living the commandments and as I try to become better each and every day. It is only through revelation that we are able to know the will of the Father, and we receive revelation as we live worthily to receive it.
I look forward to continuing on this great path in such a great place.

I love you all so much. I am so happy to be here in Peru serving such great people. Every day I grow so much as a person. I feel like I am turning into the Man that my Father in Heaven needs me to be. I love this gospel with all my heart. I know it to be true and I know that it is only through Christ our Savior that we can have true joy and happiness. This morning I read in John chapter 6. My love for my Savior grew even more as I read the he is the bread of life, and that no man cometh unto the father unless they partake of his body and blood (sacrament) I love my Savior. He is my Master and I will serve him forever. 

Love, 
Elder Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment