Monday, September 21, 2015

September 21st, 2015

After 9 months of preparation and multiple spiritual experiences, Daniel was baptized. Daniel is someone that was called from the beginning and the Lord has been preparing him all the way up to his baptismal date. He had a hard time deciding to get baptized because he has OCD, but with much prayer and with the faith that he has, he decided to get baptized and continue forward. He is a very special person to me and I know without a doubt that he will continue to choose to do what is right. His baptismal service was probably the most special one that I have participated in. As we got into the water we were shivering and could barely breath, but as he entered completely into the water and came out, the water became warm. Daniel looked at me and said, "Elder Thorpe, I feel it. I feel good." That is the power of the gospel and of the Holy Ghost. I know that it is real and I know that He was present at the baptism. It reminded me of Jesus's baptism and how the dove came flying in after he was baptized. I can testify that he was there and testified to all that were present that the decision that Daniel had made was the right one.

This last week was really good. Felt a little short because we had our P-day on Tuesday, but all in all a really good week. Elder Nielsen and I are all settled in and have now added 2 other elders to our room. We have a great time together and I look forward to spending more time together. The work of the Lord is true. The Book of Mormon is true and helps us understand why we are here and what direction God wants us to take. I truly feel blessed to be a part of this work and to be a part of all the miracles and blessings. 

I love you all and pray for you always. I hope you have an incredible week!

Love,
Elder Thorpe



No comments:

Post a Comment