Monday, February 15, 2016

February 15th, 2016

Well this week has been a really interesting week. Nothing out of the usual really happened. My new companion, Elder Andia, arrived Wednesday morning. He is adapting to the way things are here in Huaraz since the work here is a little different. This week we actually had a lot of success with less actives that are really close to being considered active members again. It has been good to be able to work with them and to help them recognize the principles of the gospel and the importance they have in our lives. It has been good to be able to work with Elder Andia this last week and to find a unity between the two of us. I know that there is still a lot of work to do with our companionship but we have for sure got off to a good start. 
This last week we ended up having our monthy leadership council. Luckily it was a lot better then last leadership council. I'm looking forward to sharing with the zone what I was able to learn but as well as what I was able to feel. I'm excited for this change and for all of the 8 new missionaries that arrived on Wednesday
As far as the work here in Huaraz, I won't say that we are having all of the success in the world because we aren't. But we are sure getting better and we are excited to continue imporving every single week. Many missionaries want to come to the zone because it is such a cool place but once they are here they want to leave because it is super hard, but I see it as a blessing for me to learn more about patience and learn to love the people more even if at times they don't love me back.
I want to leave you with my testimony that although we may face trials and although we might fall, our savior is here to pick us up and to come along with us all of the way if we allow him to. His gospel is perfect. At times we might not be perfect and we might not follow his gospel perfectly but as we strive to live it the best that we can and rely on the Lord and his Holy Spirit we can truly reach exaltation.
I love you all so much and hope you have a wonderful week!
Love,
Elder Thorpe









No comments:

Post a Comment