Monday, February 29, 2016

February 29th, 2016

Happy Leap Year! Well I'm not sure what we even do on a leap year but I guess it's good to say since it only happens once every 4 years! So Happy Leap Year!
This week has been a week of such great experiences. It has been a week that has helped me grow in my faith and trust in the Lord. As we trust in our Savior and the spiritual promptings that we receive we will always be led to do what the Savior would have us do. I love that part of my missionary commission. I am here to do and say what the Savior himself would do and say if we were here in my very position. I have no doubt that as we trust in the Lord and in the Holy Ghost we are able to understand the will that our Father in Heaven has for us. At times it is hard to do it. It was even hard for the Savior, but he continually said through the pain, trials, and anguish that he experienced, that he didn't come into the world to do his will nor the worlds will. Rather he came to the world to do the will of his Father. Oh how grateful I am for a Savior that was so strong in following what his Father would have him do.
On Wednesday night we were out trying to contact a less active from our ward directory. When we arrived to the house, no one was there so we started to leave but as we were leaving we saw a couple walking towards the house and so we decided to go up to talk to them. They then told us that this less active had moved which we ended up going to try and find this house after receiving directions from Peruvians. Something you need to understand is that Peruvians don't really give that great of directions but we headed off and ended up in this ally. We decided to knock on the last door but the person that answered didn't want anything to do with us. We decided to knock one more door and 2 minutes later a man came out from the 3rd floor. We decided to contact him and ended up sharing the whole message of the restoration of the gospel. (All in English) He then asked how it could all be true and how he could know in which we shared the Book of Mormon with him and told him through the spirit he would be able to know if it was true. He then promised that he would read the entire Book of Mormon and asked if we could come back on Monday (Today). And so today we will go back to share a more amplified message of the restoration. 
I have no doubt that we were led by God to find this Man and I look forward to visiting with him in just a little bit. 
I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ direct this work and that as servants of them we must always be willing and ready to do what they want us to do so that we are able to truly bring fruits unto him. I love the gospel and I love my mission!
I love you all and hope you have a great week!
Love,
Elder Thorpe



No comments:

Post a Comment