Monday, February 22, 2016

February 22nd, 2016

Well this week has been a great week. I say this because it has been a week of learning. I know that I have mentioned this before, but Huaraz at times is super hard. Especially when it comes down to finding new investigators and getting into their houses. This week my comp and I have been focussing a lot on how to enter into houses and how we can invite the spirit more into our contacts that we do. What we have tried to do this last week is start off by testifying of a loving Heavenly Father who has a plan for them and that we are here as representatives of the Lord Jesus Christ to share this plan and to help people understand the importance of the Savior in their lives. As we have focussed on teaching right out of a contact instead of saying "We would like to share a message with you about Jesus Christ" we have noticed that more people have desires to learn. My companion and I were talking and we feel like many people are tired of hearing from people that are from different churches. So instead of saying we are from a different church we try to look for what they need and share solutions to their needs. It has helped us out a lot and we plan on continuing teaching in this way.
This week we had a lot of success with less actives and we are excited to see about 4 of them take the next steps and become full time active members. It has been so good to get to know each and every one of them and to share with them my testimony of the gospel. They are such great people and have such great spirits. One of them the other day mentioned how strong she could feel the spirit as we shared with her our testimonies and just the presence of us being in their house. I know that the Lord works through his spirit to be able to testify and confirm the messages of his restored gospel.
I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is perfect. As we strive to apply it in our lives we can truly be changed. I love what PMG says. As we learn about the atonement we are able to apply it in our lives and see the miracles that come only from the sacrifice of the Savior Jesus Christ.
I want you all to know that I love you so much and I am thankful for all of your thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Elder Thorpe










No comments:

Post a Comment