Tuesday, April 19, 2016

April 18th, 2016

Hey everyone! This last week for me was absolutely fantastic! My companion and I have really got a hold of things here in Bellamar and let me tell you, things are going super good for the both of us. This last week we were able to teach so many lessons it was so great! Something that I have been noticing these last 6 months of my mission is the way that I have been teaching. It has been so amazing to see a change from when I had 18 months in the mission until now and it wasn't necessarily a change in language but rather a change in how I present the gospel so that it is easier for others to understand it and apply it in their lives. Teaching the gospel is probably my favorite thing to do and I think I love it because it is something that I feel like I'm really good at. There is one thing for sure that I know and that is without the spirit, I wouldn't be able to teach how I teach and I wouldn't be able to help people with their problems and concerns if it weren't for the spirit. I feel like Ammon when he praised God in giving him such strength to be able to be a tool in his hand in converting so many of his Lamanite brethren. I love the gospel and know that it is true with all of my heart!
This last week we have been preparing and investigator that has been preparing for baptism. Her name is Lidia and will be getting baptized on the 23rd of April so if you could have her in your prayers that would be wonderful. We are also working with her husband Pablo as well as daughter Milagros and they hopefully will be able to make the same decision that Lidia has made. This last week we also found a young man named Cesar. He is such a great person and has the desires to change. In our first lesson with him he expressed his desires to follow God and do what he wants him to do and so we are super excited for him and to be able to help him achieve what he and God wants him to achieve. 
Well that was pretty much my week. I guess you could say that this last week I have been focussing a lot on faith and trust in the Lord which has really helped me this last week and I can for sure tell you that I saw many miracles and the Lord´s hand throughout this entire week.
I love you all and hope you have a great week!
Love,
Elder Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment