Monday, April 4, 2016

April 4th, 2016

Well we have made it to April! Like I say all the time, March flew by and I'm sure April will be just about the same. This last week has been a really good week and not just because it was missionary vacation weekend but because we had a lot of success here in the area. We started out the week with a member calling us up asking if he could come and accompany us for the entire day which we said yes! It was really awesome because he is a recent convert from a different ward that is preparing to serve a mission. The entire time he was asking us about missionary life and what we did to prepare to serve a mission! I have no doubt that he is going to be an excellent missionary! We had a really good teaching day with him and so that was a plus!
On Wednesday we had our trimester interviews with President Rios. Those also went really well. It has got to the point with my mission president that we are so comfortable around each other that the setting feels like we are just great friends which I really like. Every time I walk into an interview my President always makes sure to tell me how much he trusts me and it wasn't different this time around. In fact he told me how the rest of my mission will be going and the reason why he still has me here as a zone leader after being a zone leader for 1 year! His response was simple, "Elder Thorpe, I need mature zone leaders that can train new zone leaders that will be coming up" A lot of the former zone leaders received different assignments this last transfer and so I was shocked when I was told that I would finish my mission as a zone leader, but I know that the lord needs me doing this. So that was really good hearing from my mission president how much he trusts in me and what he has planned for me as one of his leaders here in the mission. 
Here in the area we have a couple of people progressing such as Mitsuka and Milagros. We are working really hard with both of them so that they can be baptized.
Conference was absolutely amazing. I loved all of the talks and loved being instructed by my leaders. I sustain and support each and every one of them. I could probably go on for hours talking about conference, but I will leave that for another day. Just know that I really enjoyed it. 
Anyways, that is how my week went! I hope you all had amazing weeks and that this week as well is a good one!
Love,
Elder Thorpe

Oh I totally forgot to tell you all! I ran into my first convert this last week! He teaches dance classes here in my area and so I will be able to seen him often! If you don't remember his name is Dario. He is doing really good and hopefully I can help him with his desires to serve a mission! He told me that one of my trainers (Elder Diaz) Is planning on getting married and so that is exciting! I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment