Monday, April 25, 2016

April 25th, 2016

Well at the end of this week we will be in the month of May! It is so crazy how fast time goes by here in the mission.
To start off I want to say that we had our baptism this last week! Hermana Lidia was baptized on Saturday! It was probably one of the most spiritual baptisms that I have ever had here in the mission. Lidia for the past 2 weeks has been expressing to us her desire to be forgiven and to be clean of everything that she has ever done in her life and we explained to her that through baptism she would be able to receive the forgiveness of her sins and be washed clean. When she got into the baptismal font she had such a calmness about her. She new that this was the moment to be washed clean and to be forgiven. When she came straight way out of the water she looked at us and started praying and publicly thanking her Father in Heaven for the forgiveness of her sins and then started to testify of Christ and that it is only through him that we can receive the remission of sins. It was such an incredible experience. 
This whole last week has been super good and full of miracles. I just love being a missionary and I love beeing able to be guided by the spirit and for the dirrection that it gives me to be able to help other people. I love my mission so much and I am sad that it is going to come to an end soon, but luckily I still have more time to serve with all my heart for these last 2 months!
I love you all so much and hope you have a great week!
Love,
Elder Thorpe






No comments:

Post a Comment