Monday, March 16, 2015

March 16th, 2015

Dear Family,

This last week has been really good here in Chao. I feel like I say that every week and I think that is because the work of the Lord is amazing. This last week Elder Campos and I were able to visit a lot of the new investigators that we had found the week before. A few of these new investigators are showing signs of progression and we are excited to work with each of them. One of our main goals however, has been to find a full family that we can help come unto Christ. We haven't quite found that family yet, but we continue to search every week whether it be through referals, contacts, or any other type of way.  We continue to search in hopes that we find them. I know that we will be able to find this family and many other families if we put our trust in God and allow him to guide us to where he wants us to go. 
I think I have come to understand a little more about what it means to be a consecrated missionary. To truly yield up our agency unto God and do as he would have us do. We must forget ourselves in this work, and while we do that, we will be blessed with what we need to do, the will of the Father. This is something that Elder Campos and I talk about on a daily basis, of how we can become the type of missionary that Heavenly Father needs. We know that there are many average missionaries, but these aren't the missionaries that Heavenly Father needs. He needs consecrated missionaries that are here to do his will and not the will of man. I have come to realize that at times it might seem hard, but just as always, our Father in Heaven has given us something to help us to be able to do that, that being our Saviors Atonement. I know that I can become this missionary as I put my confidence in the Lord and lose myself in his work. 

This next Saturday we are going to have a baptism, so we are super excited for him. His name is Cristian and is so ready to take on this decision in his life right now! We are super excited for him and the direction his life is going! Now I am sure you want to hear about what happened last week. Well pretty much my district had a meeting with the AP's so I was not called to be the AP haha. That is ok though because I couldn't be happier training right now! I continue to learn and grow every day and I look forward to serving more and more every day.

I love you all so much and hope that you have an amazing week!
Love,
Elder Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment