Monday, March 9, 2015

March 9th, 2015

Dear Family,

You are probably wondering why I entitled this email the next AP... Last night my district leader called me up and said that our distirct needs to be up`in the mission office today because President Marler needs us up there. My zone leaders said the reason was because I was getting called to be the next AP as well as my district leader, however... I don't think I will be the next AP for a few reasons. Normally they call a zone leader, I am in the middle of training, and normally the President will call the next AP personally over the phone. Who knows, we will have to see later today, but I am almost 100% positive that I won't be the next AP. haha

This last week here in Chao was super good. Elder Campos and I encountered a lot of new investigators to teach and so we are super excited to visit them this next week. Also we had a really good lesson with an investigator that is the spouse of one of the members here. This last week he committed to baptism for the 21st of March. He gave us an answer that went like this, "There is no other date that is right for me. I will get baptized on that day and the rest of my life will be changed" We are super excited for him and his decision of being baptized on this day. 

Every day Elder Campos and I grow in our unity and teaching. I am amazed how much he has grown over the last 4 weeks and I look forward to see how much he will grow in the next weeks to come as a missionary. We have often talked about what it means to be a consecrated missionary and actions that we can take to become more and more consecrated every day, and I feel as the weeks have gone on we have both grown a lot and have become more of the type of missionaries that our Father in Heaven needs.

I love you all so much and I am so happy to be here on my mission. I know I say that every week, but I can't say it enough. I love the work and will serve with all of my mind, might, heart, and strength.

Love,
Elder Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment