Monday, November 16, 2015

November 16th, 2015

Well my streak here in Moche has come to an end. I have been assigned to a new area and a new zone called Huaraz! I am super sad to leave, but yet super excited to get up to Huaraz and serve the people there. And when I say get up I really mean go up.. Huaraz is up in the mountains and so it  is going to be a different experience than what I have been used to. I am super excited because it is cold up there and I am so ready to take a break from the heat! Huaraz seems really pretty, so when you have some time you should go look it up.

I'm going to try to be brief today because my companion and I have so much we have to do today. 
This last week was super good. A lot of it was saying goodbye to a lot of people here, which was one of the hardest things I have ever done. It is like saying goodbye to part of my family. I love these people so much and I am going to miss them dearly. I know that one day I will return to see them and I know that I will be welcomed home when I do come. 

Since this was our last Sunday together, Elder Nielsen and I decided to make Hamburgers and 6 Pizzas! That's right, 6! They were so good. We asked a member to borrow her mini oven and so in our room Elder Nielsen and I made the dough and put all the toppings on our Pizzas. The cooking lessons at Grandma's house truly do pay off! 

I want you all to know that I love Moche and I know the Lord sent me here for a reason and being here I have understood what that reason was. I know that the Lord has more plans for me and like Nephi says, I will go and do what the Lord hath commanded me. I love you all and hope you have an incredible week!

Love,
Elder Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment