Monday, November 9, 2015

November 9th, 2015

There has always been something that I have loved that Dad used to always say to all of the primary kids that would be baptized when they turned 8 years old and that was, "As important as it is to notice when the Holy Ghost is in your life, even more important is to notice when it isn't in your lives so that you may figure out what you need to do to get the Holy Ghost back in your life."
As the days and weeks have gone on I have started to notice that recognizing the times that the spirit isn't in my life has become a lot harder. Not because I'm not able to notice it not in life but because the times that it isn't in my life have become less and less. Something that I have learned to do here on my mission is trust in the lord in all things. The Lord doesn't say that we are going to baptize all of the people we come in contact with. Maybe we won't even baptize a lot of them, but what he has said is if we put our trust and confidence in him and allow him to do his work, we will be blessed with his spirit and guided in what we say and what we do. Maybe I'm not as great of a teacher as Christ was or as loving, but I know that I can be led by his Spirit to do his work.

This week has been a pretty good week. They keep on going by faster and faster and I'm not seeing any way of slowing down how quick the weeks go. I love how much God is in his work and how much he loves his children. This week Elder Nielsen and I did a lot of service for a family that are investigating the church. Their son (Daniel) was baptized about a month ago and they are looking like they will be following his example. We are really excited for them and their desires to do what is right. I'm going to have a really hard time saying bye to this family when I leave the area.

Well, I love you all so much. I hope you have a wonderful week and I look forward to writting next week!

Love,
Elder Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment