Tuesday, November 24, 2015

November 23rd, 2015

This week I have learned a simple doctrine that has always been in my mind, but now I understand it more fully and that is the doctrine of fasting. It is incredible to know how much the Lord blesses his children as they fast. I was reading in Isaiah 58 about fasting and I feel like I more fully understand the principle and the real reasons why we fast. What a blessing it is to be able to fast and ask our Father in Heaven for the blessings that he explains in Isaiah 58. It is so incredible to know how much the Lord wants to bless us if you just give up a little of what we have.

Today was such a good day, well this whole week has been great! I arrived to my new area on Wednesday morning and let me tell you, I love it! Saying bye to all the people in Moche was super hard, but I know I am in the place that the Lord needs me right now. Huaraz is really similar to Utah. It is a valley that is surrounded by mountains. I love it so much. something that I love even more is that it rains here every day! I have been missing the rain way too much. Huaraz is at about 12,000 feet, and so you could say it is a lot higher than Utah. We actually went up to a lake today that is at about 20,000 feet. I have no idea how everyone made it in our zone, but it sure was a team effort. We were hiking for about 2 hours all up hill. We had a few areas that we had to grab onto a rope to be able to climb up the rocks. As the missionaries would climb I would yell to them, "Hold tight to the Iron Rod" It was such a good experience for our zone even though it was really difficult. 

The people here are really different from the people in Trujillo. They are a lot harder to teach because they don't want to accept just about anything of our church, but what can I say, I still love teaching the gospel. I am so glad that I have the opportunity to serve here and for the love that I feel from everyone around me. Thank you for always sending your love towards my way. It really means a lot to me. I love you all so much and hope that you have a wonderful week!

Love,
Elder Thorpe



No comments:

Post a Comment