Monday, March 7, 2016

March 7th, 2016

Well once again another week has come and gone. This week went by super fast and was actually a really weird week. To start off, my companion and I were only able to go out proselyting about 2 to 3 days this last week. On Tuesday our Stake President asked us to do a training for the bishops here in Huaraz and so on Tuesday we were busy planning that with the stake president. The training went super good and there was a lot that everyone could learn. It was kind of interesting because that was my first training that I have done on a stake level. Our stake president asked us if we could do them every month, which we told him we would be able to. I'm excited to be able to participate in these trainings. I think I've said it before, but I love doing trainings. Whether it be with missionaries, ward members, or even stake leaders. It's always good to be able to train and learn at the same time.   On Wednesday we had a successful day in teaching various people. I think my companion and I are starting to get to a point where we are able to get a good group of people that are listening to us and are able to progress, which is good because we have been lacking that in the last few weeks. Hopefully by the end of this change we will be able to have the golden group that we are working for. We ended up teaching a less active a couple of times this last week which was really good. We helped her understand the importance of choosing the right path even if it might be the hardest. 
On Friday I ended up staying in the clinic and room all day because one of the missionaries got bit by a dog and so he couldn't leave the room or move around too much. Luckily he is doing better. On Saturday we had a Zone conference with President Rios It was really good to hear from him and the vision that he has for the mission. We talked a lot about conversion as well as the spirit. Afterward he took my companion and I out to lunch to express his appreciation for us and the confidence that he has in us. It was really good to hear that from him and feel the love that he has for us. 
On Sunday we had Stake Conference which was really good. The Stake President talked a lot about trusting in the Lord and having the faith to rely fully in the gospel and the atonement of Christ. It was a really good conference and I was able to learn a lot.
This week for me was a little different but yet really good. I was able to learn a lot but even better was that I was able to apply a lot of what I learned. 
Well, I love you all so much and hope you have a great week!
Love,
Elder Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment