Monday, March 28, 2016

March 28th, 2016

Well, we are just about to finish up the month of March and I can't believe it. These months have been going by super fast and now being here with my old companion has just made the time go by even faster. 
This last week has actually been a really good week. It was hard saying bye to a lot of the people in Huaraz because I was able to have such a good relationship with all of them, but I am excited to be here in Chimbote. My area is called bellamar. (Beautiful Ocean) Well really it should be beautiful sea but they translate mar to ocean here. It's kind of interesting because we are no where near the ocean and so I'm not sure why it is called beautiful ocean but oh well.
The people here in Bellamar are really awesome. I think I forgot how much I liked Chimbote when I was here the last time, but I am coming back to realize how much I really do like Chimbote. I'm really excited to be here and I am excited to serve the people here.
This last week there was a scripture or a chapter that was really on my mind this last week which was Romans 6. It pretty much talks about the importance of baptism and the importance of repentance. Paul symbolizes the baptism to the death and resurrection of Christ and so I really liked that and I was able to get a little more out of it than I had before.
Anyways, nothing much else happened. I'm still getting to know the area and the members and so I am excited for this upcoming week.
I love you all and hope you have a great week! Happy Easter yesterday! 
Love,
Elder Thorpe


No comments:

Post a Comment